Friday, April 17, 2009

Only A Month Until I Wear A Bathing Suit?

I am just getting ready to go to the gym and while making my Fridge Front Friday list I realized that I have to wear a bathing suit at the end of May. Yikes!

Were did the time go? I was really hoping to be in the 170's by then and I'm not sure if I can do it in a month. That's about 13 pounds in 5 weeks. But wouldn't it feel great to be in the 170's?

That also means that I have to go bathing suit shopping. I really did not want to go shopping for a bathing suit until I'm in the 160's. Oh well. I guess that's life.

It's just that those stupid things are so expensive. To get one that is flattering and that I like it usually costs me about $100.00. I just don't think I can afford that this year. I usually get a Land's End suit because they fit so nice. Does anyone know of any other flattering type bathing suits at a decent price?

Well I'm off to the gym. I am going to use the bathing suit thing as motivation for my workout today. Yesterday I really had trouble getting through it and I only did 35 minutes - 350 calories. We were running a little late so I didn't get much time in before I had to pick up the girls. I hope today's workout will be a little easier.

Have a great weekend everyone!


7 comments:

Carrie said...

woah - i didn't think about this...we were talking about how excited we were to take Charley to the pool when it opens...eh that means a bathing suit for me!!

MO said...

Don't get too hung up on a number. From your progress picture, I can see that you are doing a great job. Just try to stay focused and you'll be fine when it comes to putting on that swimsuit!

Pubsgal said...

I like Lands End swim suits; pricey, but they do last a long time. I got my last one at "Just My Size." I got one of their one-piece, princess-seam swim suits in marine blue, mainly because they were having a great sale and I didn't want to pay a lot of money for a swimsuit yet! (I checked prices currently, and it's only a little bit less expensive than LE's basic tugless tank.) It's very flattering and has worked well for me. (http://www.jms.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prnbr=20103&cgnbr=7021000000)

Mimi said...

I just found you through the Mom's Resource Blog. I'm trying to lose wt. also, so I'm going to follow your journey for inspiration!

LISA (DOMESTIC DIVA) said...

hi. im so inspired when i read blogs like yours. congrats on how far youve come. i started out at 250LBS now i hover around 190LBS i have 50 more lbs. to shed. trying to get to the gym every other day. its hard. the worst is night snacking. ugh. well good luck...lisa

Melisa said...

Well, thanks for the wake up call that my upcoming vacation to FL (for wedding and Disney) just might involve a swimsuit! YIKES! :)

I'm afraid I'm not much help in the dept of ideas for good swimsuits at low prices other than the fact that I did find a very good quality suit at a decent price both at Ross or Marshalls (sorry, get them confused) as well as Kohls. Mostly because of sales at Kohls otherwise the good suits are still about $80+.

Good luck & keep up the great loss'.

Christy said...

I like the suits on from the Avenue. www (dot) avenue (dot) com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin