Monday, April 6, 2009

I Need To Get Back On Track

I really need to get myself back on track. It seems so much harder to eat healthy and exercise when you haven't been doing it for a few days.

I have been very busy this past week and a half taking care of myself and my sick family. I got an antibiotic on Friday for a sinus infection, my oldest daughter is on an antibiotic for an ear infection and steroids for croup, my baby just got an antibiotic today for an ear infection and sinus infection and my husband is at the doctor's as I type because he definitely has a sinus infection and maybe bronchitis.

It has not been a fun week and a half around here. I have been puked on and sneezed on way too many times. I just hope that we will all be better by Easter.

It is so hard to eat healthy when you feel so sick and tired. I can't remember the last time I ate a salad. It just sounds disgusting and normally I love salads. Luckily I haven't been very hungry but when I do get hungry the only things that sound good are fattening foods. So I decided to allow myself to just eat what I want (in moderation) until we all start feeling a little better. I am not expecting to lose any weight this week but hopefully I won't gain any either. We'll see.

I also haven't been able to exercise in over a week. I don't really have the energy or the time and I don't think my lungs can handle it right now. I seem to be coughing constantly. I hope by Friday I will be able to go back to the gym. I don't want to take the girls out until I know they are feeling better and I know with my asthma I have to wait until the cough is gone before I get back on the elliptical.

It's funny how a little cold can really set you back. Not only am I behind on losing weight but I am behind on exercising, cleaning, cooking and getting everything ready for Easter. So if I am not posting as much this week it is because I am trying to catch up on everything else. Hopefully everything will be back to normal by next week.


9 comments:

wildfluffysheep said...

Jeepers! How unfortunate to have the entire family ill. Hope you guys all get better soon.
Don't over do it, missus. *hugs*

Nixie's Mom said...

Not fun. We had croup and sinus infections go through here about 3 weeks ago. Everything seems to slow to a stand-still! Our bodies however seem to know when we need to pull back the energy and the appetite at the same time when we are ill. Hopefully you all feel better soon.

Bonnie said...

I really hope you and your family get over the yuckies that have plagued your household. Feel better soon, then get back on track.

Pubsgal said...

Aw, girlfriend! I'm sorry you all are going through that right now. Don't worry, the broccoli and the gym will be there for you when you feel better!

TJ said...

GET WELL SOON! Don't stress out on the eating and exercise, you will get back into it soon.

Take care Jessica!

:)tj

Ang said...

Jessica,
the crud seems to be going around. I really hope you and your family are on the mend. please take care of yourself. without you, your family would be lost.

Lucrecia said...

I'm sorry you've been sick! I think its often even harder to get back on track than it was to get on in the first place. I know you will get back on the train very soon!

KK @ Running Through Life said...

I am sorry you are sick! Colds and exercise don't mix. I hope you feel better soon and are able to get back on track!

Mama Bear June said...

Yeah, getting sick can really set you back. I've been feeling crappy, too, so I can empathize. Sending hugs and get well prayers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin