Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Just Had To Share This One

I just read this post over at Kelly's blog, Happy Texans and she posted this recipe that sounds absolutely amazing. I love to read Kelly's blog because she is always sharing new ideas. If you haven't been to her blog you should check it out. You all know that I am on a fish kick so I have to try this recipe out.



Tuna Croquettes (4 for 3 pts)



1 6-oz can albacore tuna in water, drained

3/4 cup Fiber One original cereal

1/2 cup Eggbeaters

2 green onions

2 tsp dijonnaise

1 tsp lemon juice

1/2 tsp salt

additional salt, pepper, onion powder and any other seasonings you like

Place fiber One in blender along with any seasonings you like such as black pepper, onion powder, salt, etc. Grind to breadcrumb consistency. Place half of crumbs in dish and other half in mixing bowl.

Shred tuna and add to crumbs in mixing bowl along with other ingredients. Stir until mixed.

Line baking sheet with wax paper and form tuna into 8 mounds on paper. Let it sit at room temp for 15 minutes.

Coat the mounds in the dish of Fiber One crumbs and cook in skillet heated over medium heat and coated with olive oil spray. Cook for about 3 minutes and flip. I cooked mine on a griddle so I could do them all at once.

Makes 2 servings of 4 croquettes each

170 calories; 2 g fat; 22g carbs; 10.5 g fiber; 25.5 g protein (3 WW points)

recipe from Hungry Girl's new cookbook


5 comments:

Superjaxster said...

I often hear about people using Fiber One cereal for bread crumbs (a la Hungry Girl). I haven't tried it yet, but I really should. Have you used it at all? If so, how do you like it?

Kelly said...

Thanks for the shout out. :)

The recipe is VERY tasty and I highly recommend it. My mom used to make some that tasted similar but were fried in Crisco. LOL Hubby said he liked these healthier ones better. Even the kids ate all of theirs so that should tell you something.

TJ said...

Im not a huge fish eater but to answer the previous post superjaxster...I used fiber one ( ground up in my food processor ) as breadcrumbs for the HG onion rings. I liked them but I think they were a lil sweet tasting..maybe mix the cereal with some garlic powder or add salt adn pepper to the mix. Oh and I TRY to find that cereal on sale. Kinda pricy!

:)tj

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Superjaxster,

I haven't ever used Fiber One cereal for bread crumbs. I really never thought about it until now. I can't wait to try it.

Jessica

Mimi said...

Sounds yummy. I need a kick in the butt. Had Doritos today. :o(

Blog Widget by LinkWithin