Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I Just Finished Binging :(

So it is about 11:30 at night and I have been up since before 6am. My baby is still sick with a stomach bug and throwing up everywhere. It has not been a fun 2 days. She has thrown up about 13 times in the past 48 hours.

I was so tired around 10pm that I put the baby up to bed (I tried around 8 but she just cried)and by the time I got done taking my contacts out she had thrown up in her crib. So back down the stairs we go and on the way to the living room what do I grab. Peanuts and M&M's of course. I wanted some Ruffles potato chips and ranch dip to go along with it but we don't have any (it's a good thing).

My baby wouldn't stop crying so I ate about 1/3 of a can of peanuts and probably 1/3 of a bag of M&M's. I swear the second I get stressed or tired I go for chocolate. I have been doing so good lately and then it seems like I can't control myself when I am this tired and the baby is crying. It is so hard when you don't know what to do to make your child feel better.

Luckily my binging was stopped when she threw up everywhere. At least it made her feel better. She drank a little water and then fell asleep on the floor as I was cleaning the mess up. My poor little baby. She is so pitiful.

I am definitely not looking forward to weigh in day on Thursday. I think I need one of those passes that they give out at weight watchers so that you don't have to weigh in one week if you don't want to. I am seriously scared to see the scale. I have eaten way more then I should have the past two days and I didn't get any exercise today and I probably won't get any tomorrow.

I definitely won't be going to the gym tomorrow. Did I tell you that she threw up all over the poor woman who was doing the child care. I felt so bad. It was pretty embarrassing. It is bad enough when your own child throws up on you I can't imagine how bad it must be when it is not your child. I'm so sorry Miss Barbie.

On top of all of that my car is in the shop and I just started a new antibiotic for another sinus infection. It feels like my house is infested with germs. I can't wait until tomorrow when it cools off a little and I can open the windows and air the house out and spray lots of Lysol.


12 comments:

Random Life Particle said...

Oh I'm so sorry for your baby! I know firsthand what that helpless feeling is. Lots of hugs and kisses for the baby and I hope the electrolytes work.
Tomorrow is a new day. Just take few relaxing deep breaths and you will feel better.

Mimi said...

I'm so sorry. I've been there both with the kids & with the diet.

Pick yourself up, brush yourself off & start over today.

I hope you both feel better!
(((hugs)))

laurajane said...

It sounds like you had a really rough day. I don't have kids, but I know it would be so hard to see your child sick, plus all the mess you constantly have to clean up. And those car repairs are so frustrating - especially when you are on a budget. The next time you have a chance, you deserve some relaxation - maybe a movie or a massage or something like that. And it's good that you recognized the eating and what triggered it, and now you can move on. Look at how far you have come - down 27 in 16 weeks!!

Rachel said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon - don't stress about the binge, these things happen sometimes. The important thing is that they aren't a way of life - just a bump in the road to weight loss :)

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time at your house. Having sick kids and a sinus infection is a double whammy. Cut yourself some slack and remember that food is not the answer. Face your weigh in and learn from your mistakes. Remember you can't change the past, so commit to today and start over!

Gigi said...

This is not ordinary stress. My heart goes out to you and your little one. Whenever you're under this kind of stress and are sleep-deprived, good decisions are never made but don't beat yourself up over it. You've got enough to deal with now. This will pass and things will get better. Hang in there. I hope everyone's feeling better soon.

TJ said...

:( I feel so bad for you! I hope everyone gets healthy soon!!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thank you all for being so sweet. My baby hasn't thrown up today so far. So that is a start. I really hope she is getting better.

Thanks again for all that you said you made me realize that today is a new day and not to give up just because I had a few bad days.

It's amazing what lack of sleep and stress can do to you.

You guys are great!

Jessica

Pamela Kramer said...

Poor little baby! Cut yourself some slack. When the fresh air rolls in get back on track. I am a freak with the Lysol. lol - They could pay me for marketing them. I've got so many kids and animals here and someone always seems to have some sort of cootie or another.

Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up. You are only human and can't do everything all at once. The important thing is that you are remembering your end goal and trying not to mess it all up while your baby is sick. Just imagine all that you're NOT eating instead of the few extra bites that you are eating.

Heidi said...

Babies crying raises your stress level so amazingly high, no wonder you fell prey to an old habit. Even worse when the crying is your own baby AND she's sick and you can't do much to help her.

If you don't have a no WI pass, you can ask the receptionist to weigh you and not tell you. You have to pay for the meeting anyway. Just ask her to mark it down and then close the book before she gives it back to you. However, you have put the book away and not peek. In the end, if you gain, you know the reasons why and all you can do is learn from it and move on.

Lucrecia said...

Sorry I'm just seeing this. As I was reading your night, I could totally feel the urge to eat. I wish there was a magic answer to make us not turn to food!! I hope your baby girl is feeling better! I think its just as hard on mommy when they are sick!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin