Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Have A Healthy Easter!

I found this recipe yesterday on Sisterhood Of The Shrinking Jeans. It is called Easter Pork Tenderloin. It would make a great substitution for that usual fattening Easter Ham. I think it sounds wonderful so I wanted to share the recipe with all of you.

I won't be making it for Easter because I am not in charge of the meat this year (we are having ham and turkey)but I will definitely be making it the next time I find a good deal on pork tenderloin. Let me know if you try it. I would love to hear how it tastes.

Easter Pork Tenderloin from Weight Watchers
main meals

POINTS® Value: 4
Servings: 8
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 12 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Who needs a fattening Easter ham? The spices in this low-fat pork tenderloin make it taste even better. Marinate overnight for deeper flavor.

Ingredients

1/2 cup(s) reduced-calorie pancake syrup
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
2 1/2 pound(s) lean pork tenderloin, use two 1 1/4-pound pieces

Instructions
In a large zip-close plastic bag, combine syrup, dry mustard, cloves, ginger, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Trim pork of all visible fat and cut each tenderloin in half width wise. Add tenderloins to plastic bag, squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat tenderloins. Place bag on a plate and refrigerate on bottom shelf, turning bag occasionally, at least 2 hours or overnight.

Preheat broiler. Place tenderloins in a roasting pan and pour marinade over them. Broil 5 inches from heat until pork reaches an internal temperature of 160°F, about 6 minutes per side. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before slicing. Yields about 4 ounces of meat per serving.


1 comment:

Melisa said...

Mmmm. Thanks for the recipe. I think I will try it but I'm not in charge of the meat for Easter this year either so it may be awhile until I get to try it! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin