Thursday, April 30, 2009

Filling, Inexpensive,Low Point Lunch


This is a picture of my lunch today. It was just what I needed. My veggie soup that I made yesterday and two slices of regular bread (I don't buy the light bread because of the cost) with a little spray butter. I figure my meal was about 4 P's. Not bad! It was so filling and really hit the spot. It is a little dreary here today which makes it a perfect day for a bowl of soup.

I ended up changing my soup a little last night because my husband thought it was to tangy. I added about a 1/3 cup of Splenda and about 4 cups of water. I think it tasted perfect now. It is different then your normal veggie soup because it has a little bit of a sweet flavor. I really like it. I might have another bowl for dinner.

This recipe is definitely a keeper for me. I think it is going to be great for those days when I am hungry but don't have many points left.
Click here to go to the recipe.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely going to try this! Keep posting your low fat recipes b/c i'm coming here to find them! haha
~Sabrina

Funk2funki said...

Hi :-)

I'm only new to your blog, but can I ask a favour? When you take your next photo for your next 20 pounds lost, can you take it wearing the same grey top you had on in the first photo (the "before" photo)?

Do one in something more flattering as well, but it would be really interesting to see you in the "before" clothing as you drop weight, and as it starts to really hang on you! hehe.

I wish I'd kept at least one item of clothing from when I weighed my heaviest (apart from my wedding dress uh oh!) because then I could really see the difference.

Which reminds me...I'd better take some photos now I'm continuing on my WL journey.

BTW, thanks for postiong the recipes!

julia said...

the light bread is not cheap at the regular store but its only $1.50 about or less at the orowheat bread store I live in mount vernon not sure where your at but the bread store is the only place I buy bread and its healthier than white

Blog Widget by LinkWithin