It's called determination baby! As you all know I was determined to be in the 180's this week. It feels so weird to be typing that number or even thinking that number. If you have been following me since the beginning or have read my prior posts you know that I started at two hundred and sixteen pounds. So three and a half months later 180's seems so unbelievable.
Well guess what. I did it! I'm in the 180's. Can you believe it? I can't. If someone would have told me three months ago that I would be in the 180's in the middle of April I would have said yeah right. But I am here. It feels great!
It has definitely been a lot of work but not as hard as you would think to lose 27 pounds in less then four months. If you can't tell I am super excited. :) I love that I set these little mini goals in my head. I think that is what keeps me going. Like my next mini goal is to hit a 30 pound loss and then my next mini goal will be to be in the 170's. Crazy! I try to set these little goals to keep myself excited and make it feel like a small enough loss that I feel like I can do it. I don't like to let myself look at the big picture to much. I like to look at the small goals (like five pounds or less) so that I do get discouraged. It seems to be working. Three pounds until my next goal. :)
I'm sure you have figured it out by now but the number on my scale this morning was 189.6. I know. It's seems crazy. I am just so, so excited. I haven't been in the 180's in so long. I forgot how good it feels. I am feeling so much more comfortable with the way I look. I just feel so good all around. I definitely feel a difference in my confidence level.
My Week In Review:
1. Exercise: I exercised five days this week. I spent 4 days at the gym where I did between 45-55 minutes on the elliptical each time. I burned between 450 and 550 calories each time. I also took a long bike ride one day with my family. I'm not going to the gym today because I really need to clean my house. I am actually disappointed by this. I am loving the gym and working out. I can't wait to go back tomorrow. It really helps that I am seeing the results. :)
2. Track My Points Every Day: I tracked my points every day. I know this is what helped me to lose so much this week. When I track my points I always seem to have a good loss. I wish I wouldn't be so lazy and not track some weeks.
3. Exercise Points: I didn't eat any of my exercise points this week. I find that if I eat them I lose a lot less.
4. Water: I drank lots and lots of water. When I exercise I always seem to drink more.
5. Late night eating: No late night snacking. Yippee!!!
6. Snacking: I snacked on my usual Fiber One and Nature's Valley Chewy granola bars.
7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I ate tons of salad and grapes this week. I also ate pita sandwich's three days and I stuffed them with tons of Romain lettuce. I heart veggies!
I was just reading what I typed above and realized that it sounds like I am saying "Wow, look what I did all by myself". I just wanted to clarify. I didn't do this by myself. Only by the grace of God was I able to lose this weight. I am not doing it alone. He has helped me every step of the way. I can't tell you how many times I have prayed to God to give me strength throughout this journey and he has. I just wanted to share this with all of you and say "Thank you Lord!".