Thursday, April 16, 2009

And The Number Is ... Week 15 Weigh In

Well, I got what I deserved this week. A Gain. I am a little sad because this is the first gain in a while. I think it has been about 9 weeks since I have gained. I am just glad that I didn't gain as much as I thought I was going to. I was expecting at least two pounds. I guess going to the gym the past two days really helped.

The number on the scale this morning was 192.8. So that means I gained .4 of a pound. Not to bad but I really want to be in the 180's. I am determined this week to do it. That means I need to lose 2.8 pounds this week. I know I can do it but it is going to be tough. Especially since I have two jewelry parties to go to this week. You know how they are. Lots and lots of snacking. Would it be weird if I brought my own snack? I was thinking about bringing a bag of Pirate's Booty. Both parties are at my sisters houses so I don't think they will care. Maybe I will bring a bag to share if they don't mind.






My Week In Review:

1. Exercise: I exercised at the gym on Tuesday and Wednesday. We went from being sick straight to Easter. Talk about crazy. This week I want to go five days. That is the only way I am going to lose almost 3 pounds.

2. Track My Points Every Day: Well, I didn't track my points like I had planned to last week and I was right. I ate lots of cupcakes that I probably wouldn't have if I would have tracked my points. This week i am going to track every single thing I eat. Sometimes it feels so time consuming to track points but in the end it is well worth it. I definitely lose more weight on the weeks that I track my points.

3. Exercise Points: I'm sure I ate every point I earned. Not Good.

4. Water: I didn't drink enough water until Monday. By then I was craving it.

5. Late night eating: Monday night I was up late with the baby and ate two Snickers Easter Eggs. Those things should be banned from my house. I sent the other four with my husband to work. I am kind of proud that I only ate two. The old me would have eaten all six. Last night I woke up at midnight and was so hungry but I was able to make myself go back to sleep. I was so close to coming down stairs and binging on chocolate.

6. Snacking: Seriously all I did was snack this week. Now I am really having trouble getting back into my old routine. Why do I do this to myself?

7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I didn't do great this past week. I have to go to the store and buy some salad mix and spinach. I am so hungry for spinach.



OK. Next week I am going to be in the 180's. I can't handle hoovering in the low 190's anymore. I am going to do it! I am heading off to the gym right now and I am going to use this as my motivation. No more 190's.

I hope you all had a better we then I did. Easter is such a hard Holiday to lose weight during. I hope you were all able to pull it off. Good luck this week!


8 comments:

Gigi said...

When I was on WW I was losing pretty steadily until I started eating my exercise points. Then my weight stagnated and I became so discouraged that I quit. If I were to do WW again, I would not eat the exercise points, even though they always tell you it's okay.

Angie said...

I too gained this week. I'm only on week 3, and I knew I'd gain because of Easter. I didn't really feel to bad, it was only 0.6 lbs.


You still inspire me, your doing GREAT!!!

TJ said...

I agree with Gigi...all of the people I talk to at my meetings do not eat AP's while they are in weight loss mode. Yes for maintenance though.
Honestly your gain is so slight . You kinda maintained. It will be gone in no time :)
Hang in there Jessica! :)

Pubsgal said...

Aw, I'm sorry you had a gain. That's frustrating, even when it's a small one. But I know you'll be back on track this week.

I'm sure it would be great to bring healthy snacks to the jewelry parties, especially if they're at your sister's house. I usually volunteer to bring a veggie tray to a party when we're invited somewhere, and I don't think I've ever been refused.

money-savingmommy said...

Still think you are doing great! It's hard not to gain a little during a holiday.

Ryann said...

I'm inspired by your blog, so I've decided to create my own weight loss journal blog. Thanks so much for the inspiration. I have to ask, where can I find some Pirate Booty?

W&MGrad said...

A gain of .4, especially over a holiday, is NOT bad!

And I think it would be fine to bring a snack to the parties--I would just bring a healthy snack to share rather than a snack just for yourself, though.

Mama Bear June said...

I think it's great that your gain was less than one pound over a candy-coated holiday and it's the first gain you've had in a long time.

Yes, I would bring healthy snacks to the parties. At the beginning of my Flat Belly Diet, I went to a chocolate party and didn't even sample a single thing. I know you can do it, too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin