Thursday, April 2, 2009

And The Number Is... Week 13 Weigh In

It has been a pretty rough week around my house. On Sunday my oldest daughter got sick and then Monday the rest of us got sick. We all have nasty head colds and my oldest daughter has croup and an ear infection. It is one of those virus's that just doesn't want to go away. I hope we are all feeling better by the weekend.

I did not eat like I should have this week. I tried to watch what I ate but it is so hard when you feel so sick. Nothing healthy sounded appetizing to me. Yesterday I had a bagel and cream cheese and two donuts. I haven't had either of these in months. They tasted great. I told myself it was OK because it was my Birthday and the baby was up all night and I was feeling very miserable and I knew that I would be taking care of two miserable kids all day. Not fun but I survived.


When I stepped on the scale this morning I was a little shocked. The number on the scale was 193.6. Crazy!!! This brings me to a total loss of 23 pounds! I say a little shocked because I didn't think I did great this week (it's hard to judge when you don't track your points) but my pants were getting very loose. I am so excited! I am almost in the 180's. I haven't been there in a while. I can't wait. My goal is to be there in the next to weeks. That will really be an exciting moment for me.


My Week In Review:

1. Exercise: I only made it to the gym two days this week.

2. Track My Points Every Day: I was only able to track my points until Saturday. After that we were all to sick.

3. Exercise Points: I didn't earn many and I'm not sure if I used them.

4. Water: I drank a lot of water this week because I had such a sore throat.

5. Late night eating: Honestly I can't remember but I don't think I ate in the middle of the night. Lack of sleep = Lack of memory.

6. Snacking:
I snacked more then I should a few days this week. I think it was because I felt so lousy with being sick.

7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I did pretty good on Thursday and Friday then I had my birthday meal at Red Lobster on Sat. and the sickness started on Sunday. I ate as many veggies as I could but it's hard when you are not feeling good. Nothing healthy sounds very appetizing.


I plan to get back on track with my eating and exercise as soon as we are feeling a little better. Right now I am at the point of barely functioning (combination of lack of sleep and being sick). I hope to be telling you next week that I am even closer to the 180's. Yippee!!!!

Have a great week!


14 comments:

Shelley said...

Woohoo on the loss! Sometimes I think the scale takes into account the rough week we had!

Tricia said...

Hope you feel better soon! Being sick is no fun...

Angie said...

Congratulations! You have inspired me so much. I'm ready to do this. You are doing awesome! My biggest problem is, my veggies. I am not a veggie lover. Keep up the good work! BTW, your before and after pic is awesome!

Ang said...

Congratulations Great job...Look out 180's here she comes!

Pubsgal said...

For the non-veggie lovers: try the old hide-the-veggie trick: finely mince veggies (or cook and puree), then add them to chili, spaghetti sauce, meatloaf, puree soup...the possibilities are out there!

(P.S. Congrats on the loss this week, Jessica! That's awesome!!! You're going to blow past me pretty soon! :-D And considering the week you've endured, making it to the gym twice is a good accomplishment. I hope you all are back to good health very soon!)

Lucrecia said...

Very exciting!! You are doing so well, it seems your new healthy ways are more subconsious than even you realize. Even when you are sick you are able to maintain good eating and portion control! My office brought in bagels and donuts yesterday, I had to resist as I was afraid I'd really over do it. And I like my bagels LOADED with cream cheese. Maybe I should say I like my cream cheese with a hint of bagel? :-)

Wendy said...

congrats on the loss! you are doing a great job!

Melisa said...

Wow, what a great loss! Congrats. Sorry all have been so sick but it will pass in time.

Tracking is key for me, especially if there is a little indulgence. :)

Bonnie said...

Congrats on the loss! I can't wait to be below the 200 pound mark. Keep up the good work.

wildfluffysheep said...

Awesome loss. Not so good to be sick! Hope you guys all feel better soon.

Gigi said...

You rock...even sick as a dog.

jana s said...

Hey girlie!!! WTG! OMG, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! U R AWESUM!

TJ said...

Congrats Jessica! :) Keep up the great work girl! :)tj

Christy said...

Yay! Congrats! I know you could do it. YOU look fantastic!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin