Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Adventures Of Pulling A Trailer With A Bike




Yesterday I hooked the girls trailer up to my bike for a bike ride. I wasn't sure if I would be able to pull it because it weighs 25 pounds and then the girls combined weigh almost 60 pounds. I was kind of worried that I would get a couple of minutes from my house and realize that I couldn't do it. That could have been embarrassing.

So I decided to be brave and try it out. I have to say it took me about 3 minutes to hook it to my bike, put the kids in and put my diaper bag and purse in the back. It was so easy.

As soon as I started pedaling I was thinking this is ridiculously easy. No, I didn't leave the kids sitting in front of the house. :) It really is that easy. On a flat surface anyway. I really didn't feel like I was pulling anything. It was really cool. It was a little tough going up little hills but doable. I am not ready for any big hills just yet but with time I think I will make it.

I am so excited that I can do this on my own while my husband is at work. I have been putting it off because of fear of failure. It is now my new favorite form of exercise. It is so nice to exercise and take the girls with me.

I was very nervous at first about going on roads with cars but after a few times I am no longer as nervous. Don't get me wrong I still pray that God protects us on our ride. I really feel much better then I thought I would. The trailer isn't as bulky as I thought and we go on roads that our less traveled.



If anyone is considering getting one of these I would highly recommend it. It is a great form of exercise (I was really feeling it in my legs when we got home. I think it was all of the stopping at stop signs and starting again.) and the girls enjoy it as much as I do. Click here to check it out at amazon.com. We got it a little cheaper then this but it is still at a great price.

There is just something about being outside on a bike with the wind blowing in your face. It reminds me of when I was younger riding my bike on my Grandparents farm. I just can't get enough of it.


2 comments:

Mimi said...

Fantastic job on your commitment!

Anonymous said...

Good job. My daughter turned one year old on the 23rd. That was the first day we took the bike trailer out. We've been out everyday. I love how I feel and she's with me every curve of the way. We live in the Alps so the ride is good for the mind, body and soul. Losing weight isn't going to hurt either. -Ruth (Salzburg, Austria) Sorry I had to post anonymous. The other wouldn't work.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin