Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Walk At The Wetlands




Today we went for a walk at the Wetlands by our house. I have lived here all of my life and had never been there before.

It was really nice. There are a bunch of trails to walk on and it was really nice for my four year old to get a chance to explore and it was some good exercise for my husband and I. It was a little muddy at some points along the trail but other then that we had a great time. We walked for about an hour and a half so I'm sure I burnt a good amount of calories.

When we got back we road our bikes for about half and hour. I am not riding my bike again until my new bike seat comes in. My butt is so sore I can't even sit on the bike right now.

We went to the park yesterday and had a little picnic and road our bikes for about 2 and 1/2 hours and then spent another 45 minutes letting my daughter go on the swings, slides and climbing the rock wall. We had a blast! I'm not sure how many calories I burned yesterday but I'm sure it was a ton. I really got a great workout. That is probably why my butt hurts today :).

These are some of the pictures that I took on our hike today.








This is my favorite picture because it reminds me of all of those extra calories I must have burned from carrying a 40 pound child for 10-15 minutes back to the car.


6 comments:

TJ said...

Your girls are SO cute! Great pics! LOL @ your butt being sore! I rode my bike ONCE, then waited till I got my new BIG cushiony bike seat too! lol :) TOO FUNNY!!!

:) Keep up the great work!! Your looking good!

:)tj

spunkysuzi said...

Great pictures :)

wildfluffysheep said...

Kudos you calories burning machhine! Looks like you had a ton of fun with it too. which makes it ten times better!

Lucrecia said...

Wow, great weekend for exercise! I like the last picture too! I've spend many walks with a child on my hip or back! Great resistance training :-)

Achieving the Real Me said...

Bikes are a killer on the ol' butt. Makes me wonder how I ever did it as a kid. I could ride for hours back then. Looks like you had a very good weekend. Keep it up!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks guys! We really did have a great time.
Hey, my bike seat came in. I can't wait to try it out. It is much bigger and even cushy.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin