Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Relaxing Day

I actually made it to the gym early today! My daughter went to bed early so she woke up around 8:00 this morning. This is actually a good thing. I usually like to sleep in but I have been missing out on the gym because of it. My baby is a night owl so she usually won't go to bed until 10 or 11pm. Not fun but I think she may be on a schedule now. I have been putting her in bed earlier and earlier each night for about a week. She is now going down at 8pm. Yippee!!!

Today I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and burned 400 calories.
I did the weight loss program again for 30 minutes and then just switched over to manual and did a slight incline and resistance for 15 minutes. It felt great! That is once I got past the first 15 minutes. For some reason the first 15 minutes kill me. I almost gave up today. Then as soon as I hit the 15 minute point I was good to go. I could have actually gone longer but I wanted to take a shower before I picked my girls up and I wasn't sure how they would do at child care for over an hour.

It felt so nice to workout for 45 minutes and then take a shower, get dressed, do my hair and make up. It was so relaxing. I actually left my girls in child care for 1 hour and 15 minutes and they did great. They are such troupers. My baby is great. She is kind of the go with the flow type. She is always so happy. They seriously are the best kids.

Now I am off to make the rest of my broccoli cheese soup. Of course I forgot the freezer bags so I am going to have to wait until my husband gets home until I can freeze it. Oh well. I will let you all know how it turns out.


3 comments:

Heidi said...

I often find the first 5-10 min of a workout to be the most challenging as well. Especially when running on the treadmill - outdoors isn't as bad. But once I get into a rhythm it's just like you described, you can keep going and going.

wildfluffysheep said...

Wow, sounds like you're having a well good time at the gym. Kudos. Your kids sounds like angels. I couldn't imagine losing weight and juggling kids as well. Wow.

Achieving the Real Me said...

I agree with the start of exercise - so hard to get going. I always wonder if I will be able to actually complete the time I set. Oh, but the feeling I have after a hard workout when I am in cool down mode (my favorite part) is amazing. Good job with the gym. Keep it up!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin