Friday, March 6, 2009

On A Bicycle Built For Two

My husband and I are planning on buying new bikes tomorrow. They are our birthday presents. I am so excited. I haven't had a new bike since I was 16 years old. I think it might still be in my grandparents barn.

Sorry about the title of this post. We really aren't getting a bicycle built for two. Although that would be pretty funny. I told my husband that we would be the talk of the town if we are seen riding a two seater bike pulling a little trailer behind with the kids in. We might even make it into the local paper :).

We have been trying to think of new ways to get in some exercise and we decided on bikes. We are going camping this summer and one of my best memories of camping was riding my bike around the campground. So we thought it would be nice to buy one of the pull behind trailers for the girls and go on bike rides.

My husband is getting up early tomorrow morning and going to Wal-mart to pick them up. He is getting himself one, one for me, one for our four year old daughter, a pull behind trailer and a bike rack to put on the van. It should be interesting for him. I told him to just get me something pretty.

So tomorrow I should have a new form of exercise. Maybe it will break up the whole Jillian Micheals routine. I'm hoping that I still know how to ride a bike. It's been awhile. It should definitely be some good exercise for us. I will post some pictures tomorrow after my husband gets home with the bikes.


8 comments:

Daria said...

If you check out my blog, you'll see the snazzy new bike I'm getting for my B-day as well. I can't wait to ride again. We rent bikes for transpo in Santa Barbara when we go. We just get them dropped off at the train.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Daria,
Not sure if you will get this but I keep trying to read your blog and my computer kicks me off every time. Not sure what the problem is. I did get to see the pic of your bike before it kicked me off. It looks really cool. What kind is it? I would love a comfy bike.
Jessica

Ashley said...

Ohhh, I'm soooo envious! I've been wanting a new bike!

wildfluffysheep said...

AWWWW I imagined a bicycle built for two! I wish I could ride my bike. I'm still too heavy for it :(

Super Squared said...

I'm so excited/jealous for you!!! I was a tad more excited that you might actually be getting a bike for two lol, but I think its great! I would love to get enough weight off so that I could get a bike as well.

wildfluffysheep, they do have bikes for heavier people now. http://www.supersizedcycles.com/ although they can be pretty expensive. The cheapest one is still over $500. In my case, it might be a good investment since I'm going to be over the limit for most bikes for a good long time given the amount I have to lose.

I'd love to be able to go bike riding with my son...maybe someday :)

Sherre said...

I love bike riding and can't wait for our weather to be a bit more bike-friendly. How fun!

susan said...

Bikes sound like so much fun !!!! Enjoy !

Lucrecia said...

We've been wanting bikes ourselves. To ride while camping is a great idea! I think we will save up to buy some this summer. I haven't been on a bike in so long I'm a little afraid though!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin