Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Low Fat, High Fiber Recipe

Heather at The Weight Watchers Blog posted a video a few day ago of herself making a recipe called Haystacks. They are a 1 point no bake cookie.
I decided to make them this weekend and they are delicious. Last night I was feeling like I wanted to snack so I took the Haystack cookies out of the fridge and sat on the couch with the whole bowl. I had several points left so I allowed myself to eat as many as I wanted. I ate four of them and then I was so full that I probably would have gotten sick if I would have eaten any more. It sounds crazy but the fiber really fills you up. I was very happy because I thought I might end up binging on Haystack cookies. I seem to have a problem binging on low fat foods sometimes. It was wonderful because they tasted great and I was satisfied with four. These cookies are not huge but they are very good sized for 1 Point. Click here to watch Heather's video.

Haystack Cookies:

1/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Fiber One Cereal

Melt Peanut Butter and Chocolate chips together in microwave and stir. Mix in Fiber One Cereal and mix well until all cereal is covered. Spray Cookie Sheet or plate with PAM. Spoon mixture onto cookie sheet to create 9 cookies.


5 comments:

Tina said...

Can't wait to try those!

wildfluffysheep said...

mm..mmm cookies!

MackAttack said...

wow, tasty! I can't wait to try these!

Krisin said...

Sounds super-yummy! & I heart my big sissy!

Amy @ FrugalWeightloss.com said...

Thanks for the info- I will have to try this!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin