Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's That Time Of Year!


I am so excited. It is the time of year when my husband pulls out the gas grill and I can cook some real cheeseburgers.

Today when I was at the grocery store I found some extra lean hamburger that was marked down for quick sale. I was so excited because I have been really hungry for cheeseburgers but I hate to spend the money on lean red meat when it isn't on sale. I was able to buy a little more then 6 pounds today for about $17.00. I usually can't find lean hamburger that cheap.

So when I got home I made my broccoli cheddar soup and mixed it with last nights batch which by the way turned out great and then I made up 17 quarter pound hamburger patties (pictured above) and 40 meatballs and froze them all. Sorry, they really aren't the prettiest burgers but I'm sure they will taste good. It feels really good to have lean red meat in my freezer. That is one thing that I can never keep stocked in the freezer. I rarely buy it just because of the price.

We are going to my parents house on Saturday for a little cookout. I can't wait to eat those burgers. Now I just have to think of an inexpensive side to take along.

If I get a chance tomorrow I will post my meatball recipe. They turned out great. They were so good I ate two of them plain. I can't wait to mix them with some sauce and have spaghetti and meatballs :).


5 comments:

Carly said...

I love burgers! This time of year I also get excited to grill out. We broke ours out last week.

MackAttack said...

These look so tasty! As for a good side, I'd say how about frozen corn? Nothing says barbecue like corn on the cob (and it can be super cheap)

Anonymous said...

Oh, a cheeseburger sounds soooo good. Glad you found a great price!

Jo
http://282point5.blogspot.com/

wildfluffysheep said...

mmmmm....m burgers! Yummy. I want to make some. Yay to the meatball recipe.

Natasha said...

I love BBQ season! We try an do it on the nice winter days too...I made burgers last week too! Yummy....enjoy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin