Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's A Bad, Bad Day

My baby finally fell asleep. I am letting her sleep behind me in her high chair as I type because I am afraid if I move her she will wake up :). She just loves that balloon.



Actually it's been a couple bad days.

On Sunday my daughters woke up with head colds. My baby has been absolutely miserable since. Sunday was very busy because I was cooking for my sisters 30th Birthday Party that night. Then on Monday we had to leave the house very early to go to my husbands Aunt's funeral that was out of town. Right now my house is a mess, we are all sick now and I just feel like the last couple days have been a whirlwind.

It doesn't help that when my baby gets sick she doesn't sleep at night. Last night I spent the night on the couch with her and she just cried off and on all night (that was after she threw up all over her crib). The poor baby just couldn't get comfy. She finally fell asleep around 5:30 this morning and we slept until about 8:15am. I'm not really sure how I am going to make it through the day but I just hope I don't eat to much in the process.

I don't know about you guys but when I get overly tired or stressed I just want to eat. Sometimes I think I eat just to stay awake.

Yesterday after the funeral I ate two pieces of my sisters birthday cake. Seriously what was I thinking. Sometimes I get so tired I don't care anymore. I hate when I do this. The funeral was very stressful so I think the combination of that, and being sick and not sleeping finally got to me. You would think I would have stopped at the cake, right? No, of course not. That would be to easy :). My throat was killing me and all I wanted was a soft ice cream. So my husband went out and got me one but he also brought back my favorite a Cheeseburger and french fries. I ate that cheeseburger so fast I don't think I even tasted it. It was wonderful. I did skip the fries because I was feeling pretty guilty at this point. So that was my day. I really ate to much.

Then early this morning when my baby woke up a ate a huge piece of solid chocolate. It wasn't that good but I was so exhausted and I knew that I have to keep going all day so I ate it. Crazy thinking but what do you expect from someone getting very little sleep.

I really hope we are feeling better tomorrow because I haven't exercised since Friday and I really need some sleep.


15 comments:

spunkysuzi said...

I hope the babies are feeling better soon and that your able to get some rest!

Christy said...

Sorry that life has you down. Don't worry too much about the bad foods. Sometimes it is good to reintroduce some not so healthy stuff back into your diet every now and then. It might even cause you to have a bigger loss this week. I know if I eat really good for 2 weeks solid and then slip up just a itty bit in the 3rd week I end up with a bigger loss that week. It is weird. BTW, your baby is SO cute. I wish I was asleep in my chair right now. :-)

TJ said...

Sorry about the yuckies going around your house. :( That picture of your daughter in her highchair is cute! :) So sweet.

Be strong over there! It is so easy to just eat whatever comes your way when your stressed, busy or just tired. You are doing SO well. Just take a peek at your pics to see how for you've come!!

:) tj

Kelly said...

So sorry that you had a bad day. :( And I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Just an FYI, I found some totally awesome solid chocolate that is good for you and low in calories/points. It's called cocoa via. i wrote a review on my blog if you are interested in reading more about it. It's good to have around whenever you get the craving for a sweet. :)

http://www.happytexans.blogspot.com/

Pubsgal said...

Ugh, sounds like a tough time! Please don't beat yourself up over it. (Maybe thaw out some of that yummy broccoli soup? Loved that recipe, by the way, and so did my husband!) I hope you get the rest you need soon, and that your kiddos get well soon too.

Mama Bear June said...

So sorry everyone is sick. Your baby is such an angel face! Hope you all feel better soon. It's hard to eat healthy when the stresses hit hard. Sending hugs and prayers for improved health!

Miss V said...

Hang in there! I've been there done that...countless times!! I try to think of it as a little slip up but nothing to throw the towel in for. Just start over the next meal!

Hope your family feels better soon!

Heidi said...

Right there with you today. Didn't get near enough sleep last night and this morning I just didn't care and hit up McD's. Now I'm feeling so full and so sick that I highly regret it. I really do find I make better choices when I sleep better, but that's hard to do when you have little ones and even harder when they're sick. Take care!

Twix said...

(((hugs))) I hope you all get to feeling better soon, no fun being sick. psst I left you something at my place! :)

Mary - A Merry Life said...

Sorry you have had a string of bad days. I hate when that happens. I hope you have a much better week this week!

fatrap said...

Oh, poor you. I know how it feels - I'm sure many of us do. Please don't be too hard on yourself. Tomorrow is definitely another day to try and be strong - and if not tomorrow, then the next day. The trick is, do go back to taking care of yourself soon so you don't get sick You will need to have the strength to continue taking such good care of your little ones. When you feel better - and not before so you can get some rest, think of some things that make life go easier for you that aren't food related. Next time when this happens (and every mother knows they will happen again), you will be prepared. Take Care and look at your pictures - they are SOOOOO motivating!

Lucrecia said...

Tired and sick, thats such a hard combo!! I hope your babies feel better soon and let you get some good rest so you don't get it too badly!

Gigi said...

When you and your babies are well again and life isn't in such a tailspin, you'll get back on track. Don't put extra stress on yourself - it'll only make you feel worse. I'm sorry for your troubles and hope you're feeling better soon.

Juice said...

Ugh - sounds like you are dealing with a lot right now! I hope things calm down soon and that you are able to get back on track.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

autumnesf said...

Hoping baby is well soon. I hate it when the little ones are sick.

And so you ate some comfort foods. As long as you dust yourself off and get back on track you are JUST FINE. Check the guilt at the door - it will not serve you well!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin