Friday, March 20, 2009

I Need New Clothes

I can't believe I am actually saying this. My clothes are finally getting to big. Today I went to the gym and after my shower I put on a shirt that I wore last summer expecting it to look nice. I really love the shirt. To my surprise I looked like a frump in it. It was huge on me. I actually took it off and put on a tank top and sweatshirt to leave in because it would have been kind of embarrassing. Some shirts you can wear when they are to big but this just wasn't one of them.

It's funny because I was irritated instead of excited. I guess I am going to have to try my clothes on the night before when I pack them. It is pretty exciting to finally start seeing the difference. Finally all of my hard work is starting to show. I couldn't wait to get this point but now I need new clothes. Not so fun when you are on a budget. Maybe I will check out my local Good Will store next week. I will let you guys know if I find anything good.

So today at the gym I exercised on the elliptical for 70 minutes. That's right one hour and ten minutes :). I burned 560 calories. I kind of had to because I was up until 3 this morning getting my post ready for The Ultimate Blog Party and I ate 12 mini peanut butter cups. Boy I haven't done that in a while. They really didn't even taste that good. I think I was just so tired that I ate them without really thinking about it. Oh well, I am not going to let myself dwell on it. What's done is done.

After my workout I took my girls over to Rita's Italian Ice for Free Ice on the first day of Spring. My older daughter got Mango (my favorite), I got birthday cake for the baby (her first Rita's Ice) and Vanilla chip for myself. I ate a quarter of it and it was wonderful. We had a really great time eating it in the car because it was so cold outside.

I can't believe it is the first day of Spring. So exciting. Summer here we come!


8 comments:

wildfluffysheep said...

Kudos on the clothes downsizing missus! WOW I could so not do that long on the elliptical... niiiiiiiiiiice!

Bonnie said...

Congrats on the clothes. I know what you mean about having to shop on a budget, but it is nice to have to shop because the clothes are too big and not too small.

Carly said...

Nice Job!

Pubsgal said...

Talk about your non-scale victory!!! Congrats! And I'm impressed by the 70 minutes on the elliptical, what a workout! Don't go too crazy with the clothes, you'll probably have to replace the replacements soon at the rate you're going! :-)

I found that I was kind of afraid to buy new stuff, like I'd jinx my weight loss somehow. (It didn't...I had to downsize yet again after that.) Crazy, I know, but I just wasn't used to buying smaller sizes.

Marilyn Bowen said...

What a wonderful problem to have!!!!! Keep up the good work. Have a great trip!

MizFit said...

SEVENTY MINUTES?!
My arms would ache today from patting myself on the back----GREAT JOB!!

Lucrecia said...

Thats great! What a wonderful feeling! Have fun shopping!

Natalie said...

yeah. great workout. also, i went to a local good will store today for some shopping and had a little luck. i also bought myself a new pair of "goal" jeans in a size 6! Holy crap, when I started my WW journey I was a 20/22 and now I can wear a size 8 and can see myself getting into a 6! shopping is starting to be fun! i hope you get to have some fun shopping!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin