Monday, March 16, 2009

I Love The Gym!

I went to the gym this morning and really enjoyed. Although I did forget my head phones in the car so I couldn't watch TV. Oh well, I still had a great workout.

I used the elliptical again today for 30 minutes. I would have done longer but I got to the gym later then I wanted to and the child care was closing. They are open for three or four hours in the morning and then four hours again in the evening. So I did the weight loss program on the elliptical and burnt exactly 300 calories. I ended my cool down about 45 seconds early because I wanted to get a shower in before I picked up my girls. So as soon as that machine said 300 I was off. Next time I am going to have to get to the gym earlier so I can do more then 30 minutes.

I really want to start using the other equipment but I'm not comfortable enough with the place yet to try something new. They do have a machine that looks kind of like an elliptical but is actually more like a stepper. I can't wait to try that one out. I'm a little afraid of it because I hate the stepper but I'm curious to see what it is like.

I think next week I may hire a trainer for six sessions just to show me what I need to be doing and to help me get a good routine going. I definitely want to work on certain parts of my body and I'm not really sure what exercises I should be doing. So if I can afford it next week I think I will go ahead and make the purchase.


5 comments:

Marilyn Bowen said...

Good for you...I just can't get motivated to do anything physical yet! I hope to soon! Congrats on weight loss!

Pubsgal said...

Way to go! Your gym sounds terrific!!!

wildfluffysheep said...

The mere title of this post cheered me greatly :D yay, Kudos on the trainer too!

Natalie said...

yeah. good for you. if you hire the trainer i want to hear all about it! thanks for stopping by my blog.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks for the support. I will let you all know about the trainer if I decide to do it. I really want to is just the cost that is holding me back right now.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin