Sunday, March 22, 2009

Guess What Size I Ordered?

Yesterday was great. We went to David's Bridal to pick out Bridesmaid and flower girl dresses. I really had a blast. I definitely would not have had this much fun 20 pounds ago.

I was kind of afraid to try on dresses at first but as soon as I got started there was no stopping me. I seriously think I tried on 10-15 dresses. Unfortunately I forgot to put the memory card back in my camera so I don't have any pictures to show you. Sorry :(.

Some of the dresses were so beautiful. I wanted to buy a few just to have in my closet in case I ever need them (Yeah Right!). Although it would be nice. Who knows, maybe someday I will get to go on a cruise :).

My favorite dress was definitely the one that we chose for the wedding. I felt like Marilyn Monroe in it. It was so soft and flowy. I can't wait to wear it. Click here to see the dress. I would post the picture here but the site won't allow me. The color I will be wearing is watermelon. I was shocked but the dress actually looked good on me. Of course it will look much better when I lose a few more pounds but it did look really cute.

Guess what size I ordered? A size 12! No, I don't fit in the 12 yet but I was afraid to order anything bigger. I tried on the 16 but I figure another 10 pounds and I will be in the 14 and another 15-20 after that and I will be in the 12. It might sound like a crazy move to make but I am so sure that I am going to do this that I decided to order the smaller size. And guess what? I am ecstatic at the thought that I will be that small or even smaller by the time of the wedding. The wedding is in approximately 6 months.

Do you want to hear the funniest part of our shopping trip? When the saleswoman asked me what size I wear in front of everyone I was actually proud to say a size 16. It's so funny because in the past I would have been mortified for anyone to know that I wear that size. I think it is because I am so proud of myself for working so hard just to lose the last 20 pounds and get into that size 16 that I didn't even care what anyone thought. It was a great feeling.

I really had a great day shopping and trying on dresses. My favorite part was enjoying my "new" body. It is just really cool to see that all of my hard work is really making a difference.


9 comments:

Crystal said...

Maybe the reason you weren't afraid is because part of the process of losing weight is learning to love your body...Just a thought.

Nerd Girl said...

that is awesome!!! i bet you are going to have to get that size 12 altered because its going to be too big on you!! :-)

Rosemary said...

That dress is lovely and I think you're doing great. I happened over here via the Ultimate Blog Party. I'm so glad that I did because you have a great blog going here.

Keep going, keep going! You're going to do so well, you're going to have to get the size 12 taken in (I'll bet).

Mel said...

I'm glad you had such a positive experience dress shopping! I have a wedding to attend (as a bridesmaid!) in 5 months.. I'm working on losing as much as I can before.. and anticipate having to have the dress altered because of it!

wildfluffysheep said...

What a gorgeous dress! wow. I am sooo happy that you had such a great time. Kudos on braving the smaller size! Good incentive. :D

Carly said...

it is so fun to have a great shopping experience. I love the dress.

Mama Bear June said...

Ooooh, love the dress and the color! I know you'll be a size twelve by the wedding! You are doing an amazing job making healthy choices.

Jennifer Morning Schmitt said...

Dropping by from UBP and I have to say, right on! Keep with it. I am on my own journey to fit into a Maid of Honor dress myself and you inspire me!

Colleen said...

The dress is beautiful... and I love your positive attitude!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin