Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Best Meal EVER!!!

After shopping for bridesmaids dresses for a few hours we were all really starving. We decided to go to Red Lobster for lunch.

The last two times I was their I really wasn't thrilled with the food but we were all just so hungry and wanted to find some place quickly. One thing that is always good at Red Lobster is their Cheddar Bay Biscuits. They really are to die for (in my opinion). I am proud to say that I didn't even eat one. I guess I had so much fun dress shopping and enjoying my weight loss that I wasn't even tempted.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you about the best meal I have ever had at a restaurant. I wasn't sure what to order so I asked the waitress is they had any Salmon. She showed me this little menu in the middle of the table and on it was Fire-Grilled Salmon. It came with a side salad, baked potato and broccoli. I was even able to order a lunch portion. The waitress first brought out the salad with fat free white wine vinaigrette. I wasn't sure if I would like the dressing but it was the only fat free/light dressing they had. It turned out to be excellent. Then she brought out my meal. The Salmon was thick and very juicy, the baked potato was sprinkled with sea salt - Yum- and the broccoli was cooked perfectly.

This meal was seriously amazing. I am drooling just thinking about it. The price wasn't awful either. I think it was $10.00 and it was a very large meal. It isn't something that I can afford everyday but when I do decide to go out and splurge this is the kind of meal I want. Something that tastes great, is healthy but doesn't leave me feeling deprived and reasonably priced. It was so good that I probably wouldn't have regretted paying $15.00 for it. Of course I would much rather pay $10. It was just that good. So if you are ever out and want something filling and healthy you really should try this meal.


3 comments:

Crystal said...

I love Red Lobster..and yes, those cheddar biscuits. They are soo good.

Melisa said...

Wow, I am not sure I could have passed up the cheddar bay biscuit. I do WW so I am certain I would have looked up the points value and planned accordingly. I do love salmon and can't/don't ever make fish at home since DH & DD don't like it - sounds like I'll need to head to Red Lobster soon...no biscuit. If you can do it I can do it. (I hope) :)
Thanks for the food critique!

Colleen said...

I'm afraid I would never be able to pass up those biscuits once they're on the table. I'd have to ask them to keep them away.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin