Thursday, March 26, 2009

And The Number Is... Week 12 Weigh In

I really can't believe it has been twelve weeks since I started my weight loss journey. This last week flew by especially fast. What a crazy week I had. With all of us being sick I really did not have much time to think about planning and exercising. This really threw me off track.

I can see now how much I depend on my meal planning. It was awful not knowing what I was going to eat for meals this week. I was just grabbing whatever we had in the fridge when I was hungry. Not a good idea. It makes dieting so much harder.

When I stepped on the scale this morning the number I saw was 196.4 pounds. I am thrilled because I really didn't know how I was going to do this week. It was so stressful and I only exercised once. I know I didn't lose much but at least I didn't gain. I am actually up a few ounces from Saturday but I'm OK with that.

I am fully recovered, my house is mostly cleaned and I am ready to get back on track.
I am getting ready to head to the gym and then when I get home I am going to sit down and plan our meals for this week and make a grocery list. I am really excited to be back on track. It was depressing being to sick and tired to eat right and exercise.

This brings me to a total loss of 20.2 pounds. I am so glad I am still down 20 pounds. I would have been really embarrassed having to tell all of you that I am no longer down 20 :). Kind of silly but it keeps me motivated.

My mom is taking me shopping for my Birthday on Saturday so I would like to lose another pound or so by then. So here's to a great workout at the gym today and tomorrow :).

My Week In Review:

1. Exercise: I only made it to the gym once this week.

2. Track My Points Every Day: I tracked my points almost every day this week. Pretty good for being sick.

3. Exercise Points: I didn't have many to eat and I think I ate them all.

4. Water: I didn't drink as much water as usual. I did get myself back on track yesterday.

5. Late night eating: It was more early morning eating for me this week. That stupid (big) piece of chocolate.

6. Snacking: I didn't really snack this week. Just didn't have the time or energy.

7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I did good until Sunday and then it went downhill from there. I do have a lot of salad mix and apples in my fridge that I plan to eat this week.

So not a great week for me but at least I didn't gain any weight back. I'm not sure how I didn't gain but all I can think is that I burned lots of calories when I wasn't sleeping the three nights that I was up with my daughter.

This week I plan to get back on track and lose a few pounds. I feel so much better when I am eating healthy and exercising. I guess this week was a good reminder of that.

Have a great week!


11 comments:

spunkysuzi said...

Way to go on doing so well when your sick. I know you'll have a great week this week!

AmyG said...

Way to go on maintaining your 20 pounds!! I bet you do great this week!

Ang said...

congrats on your loss.any loss is a loss..hope you are feeling much better.

TJ said...

Good Job Jessica! Planning is what helps me the most! :) Keep it up girl!

jo said...

Happy Birthday.

Sorry you guys have been sick.

Congrats on your .2! It all adds up!

money-savingmommy said...

Congrats on the weightloss! I've returned your favor! Check our my blog for something special for you!

Lucrecia said...

Congrats girl!! If you can lose while you and the girls are sick you can do anything! How fun will shopping be this year!! I've spent too many years just buying accessories cuz I just knew I was going to start losing weight "tomorrow"

Pubsgal said...

Way to go! This week will go better, too. Enjoy that birthday shopping with your mom! Sounds like fun!

Bonnie said...

Congrats on the loss! You did well for being sick, and for that you should be proud. Have fun shopping!

Just Another SAHM said...

Congrats on keeping your 20!
It is so hard to stay on track when you aren't feeling well, or are sleep deprived, or the kids are making you nuts, or...well, obviously I have lots of reasons. ;)
Best wishes for a great upcoming week.

Crystal said...

YAY go you. I know the feeling about stress at home. My grandmother is living with us now and OMG, I am stressed. Keep it up!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin