Friday, February 6, 2009

Recipe Review: Kielbasa and Red Beans






I'm sorry I didn't post this on Wednesday like I had promised but I realized that I had Church that night and my husband would not have been able to stop and get me the salsa in time to cook it. Anyway, I decided to cook it tonight and it was wonderful. If you are looking for something with lots of flavor and very filling then this is it. I put 1 cup of the mixture on top of 1/2 cup of Korean rice and it was way to much food for me to eat and believe me I don't have a small appetite. It really didn't look like a huge amount of food but it was really that filling. I'm not usually one to not clean my plate but tonight I couldn't even force myself to take another bite. The amount of spice in this dish is perfect. My husband doesn't like anything too spicy so I didn't add extra hot sauce until I had it on my plate.

This is definitely a keeper in my recipe book. It is so hard to find inexpensive recipes with great flavor that are low in fat and this recipe hits all three. The whole meal cost me approx. $4.50 (I was able to get the turkey Kielbasa BOGO).

You should definitely try this one! Click here for the recipe for Kielbasa and Red Beans (the name just doesn't do it justice :)


2 comments:

money-savingmommy said...

Sounds good. I'm always looking for low-fat, inexpensive meals. Check out my blog for a Veggie Beef Stew that's low in fat and inexpensive.

Cammy said...

Looks yummy, and I don't even like kielbasa :) I haven't tried it in the turkey version, though. Thansk for the tip!

Have a great weekend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin