Monday, February 2, 2009

Recipe Review: Crockpot Cabbage With Kielbasa

Tonight I tried the Crockpot Cabbage w/ Kielbasa that I posted last week. Click here for the recipe. It was great! I was able to find Turkey Kielbasa at the grocery store buy one get one free. For $3.99 I was able to get two 16oz packages. Also the cabbage was on sale for $.79 a pound. So the whole meal cost me about $4.00.
I did make a few changes to the recipe. I didn't have time to cook it in the crockpot so I cooked it on the stove for about a half hour. It was so quick and easy. Instead of 1/4 cup of water I used 1/2 a cup. I also added a little extra garlic and some onion salt. The only change I will make next time is to double the cabbage. By the time the cabbage cooked down it looked like there was about 1/2 cabbage and half kielbasa. I would have preferred a lot more cabbage. I think it all depends on how much you like cabbage. I love it!
I have to give this recipe two thumbs up. It was inexpensive, quick and easy to cook, extremely healthy and it tasted great.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin