Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Recipe Review: Chicken Corn Chowder


Wow! This had to be the best chicken corn chowder I have ever had. What made it taste even better was that it was cheap, easy to make and my whole family loved it. Did I mention that it was only 5 points for 2 Cups. Seriously it was the best soup I have had in a long time. I did alter Money Saving Mommy's recipe a little bit. I will list the changes below. I can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow or maybe even a snack tonight ;) Thanks again Money Saving Mommy for posting this wonderful recipe. My family loved it so much that I plan to make it every week.

Chicken Corn Chowder (my version):

3 14.5 oz cans of fat free chicken broth
2 14.5 oz cans of creamed style corn
1 14.5 oz can of whole kernel corn
2 Chicken breast halves
1 whole onion
1 tsp celery powder
2 large potatoes
3 hard boiled eggs
salt
pepper

I cooked everything the same as the original recipe but I did leave out the other spices. I wasn't sure if I would like them so I didn't put them in.
Click here for the original recipe. My recipe made 16 cups of soup. 16 cups for just a few dollars. You can't beat that.


2 comments:

TJ said...

Another yummy looking recipe with creamed corn! Did you find a sale recently? lol :)

tj

tjstestkitchen.blogspot.com

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

tj,
That's too funny. I didn't really think about it when I posted it but I really do keep a lot of canned corn in my cupboard. It's cheap and I love it. I hope everyone likes corn ;) Enjoy!

I just checked out your blog. Great job on the weight loss this week! Congrats on the 24pound weight loss. For some reason I am really hungry for hot dogs and pizza. lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin