Monday, February 2, 2009

Recipe Of The Day: Slow Cooker Sweet And Sour Chicken

This is another of my all time favorites. It is so simple and I can find all of my ingredients at Aldi. I serve it over Korean rice for a healthy filling meal. I'm sure it would taste just as good served over white or brown rice if you don't have Korean rice.

Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Chicken:

Ingredients
1. 16 oz boneless skinless raw chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
2. 5 oz Sweet and Sour Sauce (ex. LaChoy, or store brand)
3. 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
4. 1/4 tsp. onion powder
5. 8 oz pineapple chunks in juice, drained (reserve 1/4 cup)
6. 2 TBSP. Brown Sugar
7. 16 oz bag frozen stir fry vegetables

Directions
Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Add chicken; season with garlic powder and onion powder. Stir in sweet and sour sauce, pineapple chunks, brown sugar and the 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice. Cover and cook on Low for 6-7 hours. Add frozen vegetables during last 30 minutes of cooking and cook on High. Serve over rice if desired.


6 comments:

money-savingmommy said...

That sounds really good. I'll have to try it.

DarkFaith said...

yummy this recipe sounds delish, will definately have to try it out sometime soon. love the sweet and sour

Claudelle's Weight Challenge said...

Ooh Yummy it sounds devine.

Scale Junkie said...

This looks really good. I wonder if I could make my own low sugar sweet sauce...hmmm, off to google.

kristisummer said...

I love my crockpot! I am not much of a cook, but the crockpot is up my alley. thanks for the recipe.

Kristin said...

Jess- this sounds soooooo good!! I'm gonna try it tomorrow!! All I need is two items!!! Yay!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin