Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Recipe Of The Day: Kielbasa and Red Beans

I found this recipe a few months ago on the Weight Watchers boards. It was said to have come from halfmysize.com. I chose this recipe for today because I have an extra packaage of Turkey Kielbasa in the fridge (buy on get on free at the grocery store this week)and a can or red beans in the cupboard. The only thing I am missing is the salsa. I will ask my husband to pick it up on the way home from work. That way I can have it all ready and just add te salsa when he gets home and let it simmer for 25 minutes before serving. I can't wait to try it! I will let you know what I think of it tomorrow.





Kielbasa and Red Beans


Serves - 4

Ingredients:

14 oz. package Healthy Choice Turkey Smoked Sausage or Turkey Kielbasa, sliced into 1/2" pieces
1 small onion, sliced
1 clove of garlic,minced
15.5 oz. can of kidney beans
1 cup of salsa
salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
dash of hot sauce
ff cook spray

Directions:
Spray medium saucepan with non-stick cooking spray. Saute garlic and onions about 2 minutes (until softened but not mushy). Add smoked sausage; stir and cook sausage for 2 minutes. Add beans, salsa, spices and hot sauce. Bring to just before boiling, lower heat, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes.
Serve over rice, if desired.

Nutrition Information not including rice:
257 cal., 5.3 g. fat, 4.3 g. fiber


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin