Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Recipe Of The Day: Creamed Corn Pancakes

If you are looking for an inexpensive side dish then you will want to try this recipe. I absolutely love these pancakes. They are low fat but they taste like they have been fried. With just four ingredients you can throw them together in a matter of minutes. Sometimes I even eat them as a meal instead of a side dish. They are really that good.

Creamed Corn Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 16oz can of creamed corn
3 heaping tablespoons of flour
1 egg
1 tsp. baking powder

Combine all ingredients. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat. Pour 1/4 cup of corn batter onto the hot skillet. Fry until golden brown. Turn over and brown the other side. Salt lightly and serve.

2 pancakes = 2 points


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

could you tell me if my husband wanted 4 would it be 4 points?

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

I'm sorry. I'm not really sure but if you put the info in the points calculator you will be able to figure it out. My recipe just states 2 for 2 points.

Sherre said...

These sound yummy (and easy!). I'm definitely going to try 'em.

Kristin said...

Sounds yummy!!

TJ said...

YUM! I grew up eating these deep fried in vegetable oil. Corn fritters were my favorite after school snack! I will have to send this recipe to my Mom so I can re-live my childhood, just healthier! :)

Thanks for sharing!
:)tj

tjstestkitchen.blogspot.com

money-savingmommy said...

I made these tonight and I can assure anyone that they are super good! Thanks for the recipe.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin