Thursday, February 5, 2009

New Incentive!


Last night I found a new incentive for losing weight. My Aunt posted this picture of me on facebook. This picture was only taken two and a half years ago. It makes me sick to think about how much weight I have gained in the past two + years. I almost don't recognize myself in the picture. My sister actually said that she didn't recognize me in the picture. I guess I have had a child since this picture was taken but I am not calling all of this baby weight. I am calling it I can't control my eating weight.
I've decided that instead of dwelling on the fact that this is what I used to look like I am going to use this picture as incentive for what I could look like if I keep losing the weight. I think I have about forty-five to fifty pounds until I am back to that weight. I weighed around 155-160 pounds at that point. The sad part is that I thought I was so fat back then. I wish I could just be happy with my weight. I'm not sure if that will ever happen but I do know I was happier with it at that time.
Just thought I would share my new incentive with everybody. Maybe you have an old picture of yourself that you could use for some new incentive to lose those extra pounds.


7 comments:

Rachel said...

First of all - congratulations on the 10-pound weight loss!!! That's great!

I know what you mean about old pictures. I use mine for incentive too. And yes, usually I remember that at the time I thought I was fat, but looking back I wasn't!!

Just keep at it! You're doing really good!

Carly said...

Ahhhh the power of a picture. We are in the same boat! I have mine picture from 2 years ago on my fridge and I too get sick thinking how big I have gotten. At least it is a good motivator.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Carly,
Thanks for the great idea. I need to find one for the fridge.
Jessica

Lori said...

Yes, the picture thing. I just cringe, absolutely cringe at some of my old pictures - I wasn't smaller in them, but a whole lot bigger. I just want to run away in embarrassment, even though I don't look like that now.

But you know, people who love you, love you no matter what your size. It doesn't really change the person that you are.

Super Squared said...

I have a whole slew of pics that I thought I was a right whale in and now I look at them nostalgically lol. It's really sad when I look at pics of myself 8 months pregnant and long for the good ol' days :) You have the right attitude though! It isn't easy, but attitude is half the battle. Now if I could only get myself in gear.

Lady G said...

I always think it's good to focus on the positive and what you WANT to look like (rather than the fat picture you don't want to look like). Also when I look at my most flattering photos it proves that I CAN look like that so with persistence I will again!

Pudgy Gal said...

You definitely have the right idea to use the photo as inspiration and not dwell on it. I have avoided photos of myself for so long that I just cringe when I have to view myself. I am going to dig through my old albums and find a photo of me to inspire myself.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin