Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dinner Experiment: Buffalo Chicken Strips and Honey Mustard Chicken Strips

Last night it was getting late and I had to start dinner and I realized that I really did not have much food in the house. We were away for the weekend and kids have been sick so I haven't made it out to the grocery store in awhile. So I decided to be creative. I remembered that I had some chicken breasts in the freezer from SAM's Club (I love to buy the big bags of already trimmed chicken breasts in a recloseable bag. It allows me to just pull a few out at a time and they are a great price). I pulled four breasts out of the freezer and defrosted them in the microwave. Then I mixed some hot sauce(just the store brand) and some I can't believe it's not butter spray. In another container I heated a little honey and mixed it with some Dijon mustard. After the chicken was defrosted I cut it into strips and dipped half of them in the hot sauce mixture and then rolled in bread crumbs and the other half in the honey mustard mixture and then bread crumbs. I put them on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and then sprayed a little cooking spray on top to make them a little crispier. Then I baked them at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes flipping in the middle.
They turned out great. It was really easy to throw them together and my whole family enjoyed them. I really liked the spicy ones but my husband thought they were to hot so he dipped them in FF ranch dressing. He really liked the honey mustard chicken. I thought they both turned out wonderful. I will definitely be making them again.
I love to experiment in the kitchen. I used to experiment a lot more before I started trying to lose weight. I am just now realizing that I can still experiment with food even when I am eating healthy. It is so relaxing and I enjoy it so much.


1 comment:

Kristin said...

so... I've made these with honey mustard and chip, but I think I could handle using bread crumbs. You know what is really good with this? Mrs. T's Sour Cream and chives pierogies. They aren't too high in fat and calories.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin