Friday, February 20, 2009

Check It Out: Humble Pie

You have to check out today's post, Humble Pie, over at Money Saving Mommy's site. I swear this was so me today only I did it with two miserably cranky kids. LOL. I really love this post! Click here to read about the adventures of being, what I call myself, a Crazy Coupon Lady.
Today's saving were well worth the planning, coupon clipping and 2 1/2 hour grocery trip. Although I could have done without the two cranky kids. I can't blame them. two and a half hours is a really long time for a four year old and nine month old to behave in a store. Anyway, I ended up spending $70.00 and saving $11.50 in bonus club savings and $36.00 in coupons. That's a total of $47.50 in savings on a $70.00 purchase. That makes me want to jump up and down. I may have done that except the woman at the self-checkout was pretty annoyed with me by the time I was done :). It wasn't my fault that the coupon scanner wasn't working properly. It was an exhausting grocery trip but it is the only way for me to stay on a budget, eat healthy and continue to be a Stay At Home Mom. Well worth the exhaustion!


5 comments:

Super Squared said...

Wow way to go! I'm just getting back into all my coupon clipping. Have you ever tried the grocery game? I'm not naturally inclined to be frugal so I need a bit of help. I bet you manage to sort it all out on your own and with two kids in tow! Color me impressed :)

Lucrecia said...

I keep wanting to do that! I subscribe to all the blogs, but never take the time! You've inspired me to do more research this weekend!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Super Squared,
I haven't ever tried the grocery game. To tell you the truth I have never heard of it. I would love to know what it is if you have a chance to write back.
Thanks,
Jessica

Tamzin said...

hi hi! thanks for stooping in at my blog. I'm looking forward to your posts!
Cheers
Tamzin

Becca said...

I need to get better about coupons. They are great but I'm just not organized enough to use them efficiently.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin