Thursday, February 26, 2009

And The Number Is... Week 8 Weigh In

This week started out well. I decided last week that I would exercise five days out of the week. I actually did it. I am so proud of myself for doing this. It is so much harder then you would think to make yourself exercise everyday. Every day I would try to talk myself out of exercising by saying to myself that missing one day won't hurt or I will just eat less today. Yeah right, me eat less! It is kind of funny the way your mind works by trying to justify not exercising or overeating. Well I won the exercise battle this week. I even started Level 2 of Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred. I have done level 2 the past two days and I feel like I am going to die in the middle of it but I will continue to do it because I am already seeing a difference in the shape of my body. My legs seem to be getting smaller and I am starting to look like I have a waist again. I thought I had lost my waist forever after having my last baby but I was wrong and thanks to Jillian Micheals I am getting it back.
I have been drinking a lot of water this week. I did catch myself not drinking much over the weekend. It is so hard to make sure you drink a lot when you are out of the house and busy doing something. When I realized I wasn't drinking much I stepped it up a little and drank extra water the rest of the week.
I am proud to say I tracked every single point this week. I went over by 2.5 points. I am not very happy about eating every single exercise point that I earned. This is something that I have to work on.
I did have a few binges this week that you can read about in my previous posts but I made sure to track every point I ate even when I binged. I realized it is not fun to put 11.5 points in my points tracker for Hershey Kisses with Almonds. :) I really need to stop binging.
And the moment you have all been waiting for. The number on the scale this morning was 205.2. I am pretty excited that I lost almost a pound. I was hoping for two but after my binge two nights ago I figured it wouldn't happen. I really think that if I don't eat my exercise points I will lose so much faster. Maybe I would do better if I don't put my exercise in my tracker then I won't have them listed to use. I am going to try this and see how it goes. I will let you know next week if it works for me.

Goals for the week:

1. Don't eat my exercise points.
2. Eat more fruit and veggies.
3. Track my points every day.
4. Stay within my points.
5. Exercise 5 days this week.
6. Drink lots of water.
7. Don't snack as much.
8. No eating in the middle of the night.


12 comments:

Sherre said...

YAY on the loss. That's great. And I totally hear you on talking myself out of exercising. I often try to tell myself, I'll exercise TWICE the next day in exchange for taking today "off." Never quite works out tho. :)

jo said...

Congrats on your loss!

TJ said...

WTG JESSICA!

:)tj

Lucrecia said...

those crazy mind games we play with ourselves! I'm not getting in the exercise like I should :-(

AWESOME on the loss!!

HopeFool said...

I just posted about exercise excuses too. They can really get in the way.

Great job on the pound!

Matt said...

Way to go JESS!!! Keep it up!

Nerd Girl said...

i just came across your blog and i love it! i think it is really awesome to see that you are realizing things that you can improve on and making the effort to improve. you are doing a great job!! Oh and also...don't thank jillian michaels for your body changing..thank yourself!! YOU are doing the work...she is just guiding you through it. :-) have a great day!

Skinny Inside said...

Great job on the loss! And just keep your focus and you'll make those goals:-)

Mama Bear June said...

Great job on the loss and on exercising even when you tried to talk yourself out of it! What does WW say about eating exercise points? Sometimes we eat too little and our body starts burning up muscle and that's not good. I know it sounds weird, but sometimes you can gain if you eat too LITTLE. :-)
Keep making healthy choices!

Acting Skinny said...

I'm totally hearing you on the exercise thing. I CONSTANTLY tell myself that it's okay and that's why prior diets have failed. Finally, at least so far, I've been exercising regularly and I haven't allowed myself to say "it's okay!"
Keep it up! I can't wait to never see the two in the hundreds place ever again and to see 199 and I'm sure you can't either. So close! I'm sure you'll make it!

KK @ Running Through Life said...

Yay!!! Congrats on the progress and getting in your workouts!!!!

KK @ Running Through Life said...

Did my comment not show up?? Darn!
Anyway, just wanted to say congrats on sticking to your exercise plan and seeing the results already with the 30 day shred!! Go you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin