Thursday, February 19, 2009

And The Number Is... Week 7 Weigh In

Another week has passed and I am still not doing things the way I had planned. When I first started my weight loss journey 7 weeks ago I had planned on losing 20 pounds in the first 2 months and I'm not even close to that at week 7. Maybe I was a little unrealistic but it would have been nice :).

This week has been a little crazy for me. We left for New York at 6:00am Sat. morning and got back at 6pm Monday evening. It was a lot of traveling with two sick kids but we all had a great time. It was a little stressful because my oldest daughter was getting over croup and still has a nasty head cold and my baby got a double ear infection and head cold while we were there. So I really did not get much sleep if any while we were away. This caused me to feel the need to eat constantly to stay awake. That and I was just at the point where I was so stressed that I didn't care if I gained weight. So I ate some donuts, birthday cake, brownies, a Mrs. Freshley's cherry pie (my first one and it was to die for) and many other things that I can't remember. It was not a good weekend for losing weight.
When I got back home I started eating healthy again and I have been working really hard this week on exercising. I did my Jillian Micheal's video 5 days this week and I can really feel a difference. I feel so good when I am done with that workout.

And for the part you have all been waiting for. This morning the scale said 206.1. Somehow I lost almost the whole pound I gained last week. I credit it to the Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred and drinking lots of water. I really believe the workout is working for me. It does upset me a little to think about how well I could have done if I wouldn't have messed up this weekend. But with 2 sick kids I'm lucky I survived the week.

Goals for the week:

1. Lose some weight!
2. Eat more veggies. (I really need to buy some salad mix)
3. Track my points every day.
4. Stay within my points.
5. Exercise - Do the 30 Day Shred 5 days this week (I love this workout!)
6. Go outside for a walk at least two times this week (if the kids are better).
6. Drink lots of water.
7. Don't eat the whole low-fat pumpkin chocolate cake on my kitchen table (I've learned that it really isn't low-fat if you eat all of it ;).)


3 comments:

Heidi said...

You've lost 10 lbs in 7 weeks - that's awesome!! Don't beat yourself up on what you could have/should have done. You are doing it and doing great. Keep it up!!! Life will always get in the way.

Lucrecia said...

You are doing so well! And to come back from a trip and get right back on track is HARD! You are so firmly on the right track, its great!!

MackAttack said...

10 lbs in two months is awesome. Be proud of yourself!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin