Thursday, February 5, 2009

And The Number Is.... Week 5 Weigh In

Can it really be five weeks already. Boy does time fly! I will start by telling you that I had a rough start to this week. The Super Bowl and eating out on Friday and Saturday really did not help. If you haven't seen my post on the Super Bowl click here to check it out. I was starving and out of control that night but I still haven't eaten that Drumstick Ice Cream cone. Yeah me! And the eating out thing is never good for me. Click here to see what I mean. Anyway, On Friday night I had a French Dip Sandwich and fries. Luckily I wasn't that hungry so I didn't touch the fries and I ate about 2/3 of the sandwich. Still a bad choice. On Saturday now that I think about it I really didn't do to bad when we went out to eat. I had a chicken barbecue sandwich with extra relish and a slice of pizza which my daughter ate half of. I probably would have eaten bad that night but my mom was with me and she is trying to lose weight and she ordered healthy. Thanks Mom! You will not believe this one. I actually skipped having ice cream that night (it is a ice cream restaurant). Everyone around me ate it while I watched and it only bothered me for the first minute or two. Now that I look at the scale I am so happy I didn't eat that ice cream.
Let's get to the good part. I got on the scale this morning and the number I saw was 206. Yeah!!!!!! As I was taking a shower I realized I have lost over ten pounds. Lets just say did a little happy dance in the shower this morning. I can't even tell you how excited I feel. Ten pounds was my first goal and I have hit it. Ten pounds might not seem like much to some people but when I started five weeks ago ten pounds sounded almost unachievable. I think the first 10 pounds are always the hardest and now I am at the point of no return. Soon I will be saying bye to the 200's and Hello to the 100's. This is my next goal. I would really like to be in the 100's by Valentine's day. I am going to visit my Aunt in another state for her 50th Birthday and we are going to get manicures and new hair cuts I hope. How great would it feel to be in the 100's to have this done. I can't wait.
Losing 6 and 1/2 pounds in 9 days does not seem doable but I really want it. Maybe if I actually exercise this week I will be able to achieve it. Wish me luck!

Goals for this week.

1. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise. My goal for last week was to exercise 4 times though out the week. I didn't exercise at all. This week I need to exercise every day no matter what.
2. Drink lots of water. I'm still doing really well in this area and it is really helping.
3. Track everything I eat. I did really well with this the past week.
4. Eat more veggies. Some days I am still lacking in this area.
5. Stay within my budget. I did well with this last week.


P.S. I have conquered the midnight munchies. Hopefully forever. Click here to find out how I am doing it.


5 comments:

Shrinking Girl said...

congratulations on a great week!!!

Jill said...

Ten pounds is AWESOME!!! Congrats!! :)

new*me said...

I love the blog name!!! VERY cute and super cool blog!!! Congrats on the first 10 lbs......you'll be cruisin' into onederland in a second!

I will be sure to come back and visit. SO much valuable info here ;)

new*me said...

my comment didn't post ;) Trying again.....love the blog name.....so cute and super cool info here! congrats on the 10 lbs! You'll be cruisin' into onederland in a second!

Matt said...

Way to go Jess!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin