Thursday, January 8, 2009

Turkey Barbeque

This is such a simple inexpensive recipe that I wanted to share. It tastes great and my whole famiy enjoyed it. I also had some left over so put it on top of some rice for lunch the next day and it tasted great. The whole thing including the buns probabley cost me less then $5.00 and I could have gotten two meals out of it.

Turkey Barbeque:

approx. 1 1/2 lb. of 90/10 ground turkey - (I bought this at Aldi. I think it cost me about $2.50)
1 small onion chopped
1 can of Sloppy Joe sauce - (Anonther Aldi find.)
1/8 cup of Spenda

light hamburger rolls

Fry your chopped onion for approx. 2 minutes in a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil or cooking spray. Throw in your ground turkey and fry until it is completely cooked (I also added a little salt and pepper). When meat is fully cooked add jar of Sloppy Joe sauce and Splenda. Simmer for approx. five minutes and serve.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin