Monday, January 26, 2009

Recipe Of The Day: Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing

Today's recipe is Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing. I love this recipe because it is inexpensive and easy to make in the crockpot. I found this recipe on the Weight Watchers message boards from Halfmysize. I find this recipe to be a great one when you are on a budget because you can buy all of the ingredients at Aldi at really low prices.


Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 pkg. Stove Top stuffing (I buy the Aldi brand or local store brand)
1/2 cup chicken broth (Aldi now sells Light and Fit chicken broth)
1 can of Fat Free cream of mushroom soup

Directions:
Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken on bottom of crockpot (sometimes I put it in frozen if I let it cook for longer then 7 hours). Pour broth over chicken. Mix together the stuffing and soup and place on top of the chicken. Cook on low for 7 hours. I usually serve with a salad or warm vegetable.


1 comment:

Andrea Holloman said...

This recipe sounds great! Thanks for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin