Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Recipe Of The Day: Crockpot Cabbage With Kielbasa

I found this recipe today at halfmysize.com. It looks so good! I haven't tried it yet but I can't wait. I plan on buying the ingredients next week and making it. I really don't think it will cost that much and I love cabbage. I will let you know if I like it next week and how much it cost. If anyone tries it before I do I would love to hear how it tastes.


Serves - 4

Ingredients:
14 oz. package Healthy Choice Turkey Smoked Sausage, sliced into 1/2" pieces
1 medium (2 lbs.) head of cabbage
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
Slice cabbage into bite size pieces. Add sausage and cabbage to slow cooker. Season with garlic powder, salt & pepper. Add water and stir well. Cook on LOW for 4 hours or until cabbage is desired doneness.
Nutrition Information:
206 cal., 4.7 g. fat, 5.6 g. fiber


6 comments:

Matt said...

Sounds good, and it's probably waaaaay better for you than my favorite cabbage meal - halushki!

Sam and Heather said...

You could add tomato soup to it and it would almost taste like crock-pot pigs-in-a-blanket.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Sam and Heather, You are right. It would taste like pigs-in-a-blanket and wouldn't add that many calories.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Matt,
I also love halushki. It is one of my weaknesses.

Kelley said...

So glad I found your site. This recipe looks great and I can hardly wait to try it. My hubby (and I) loves cabbage and will be so impressed because it's something I haven't cooked much.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Kelley,
I really hope you and your husband enjoy this recipe. It sounds so healthy and easy to make. I plan on making it next week and I just can't wait.
I know what you mean about not cooking cabbage much. I absolutely love cabbage but very rarely make it. It is probably because my recipes are for things like Haluski. It tastes oh so good but is oh so bad for you. If I find any other cabbage recipes I will be sure to post them.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin