Thursday, January 8, 2009

PUDGET TIP - Breakfast On A Budget

I know everyone always says to eat breakfast every morning. It really does keep you from over eating through out the day. If you are anything like me the last thing you want to do in the morning is eat something healthy. Below I will list some of my favorite low fat breakfast foods that taste great and won't break the bank.



1.Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie:
Mix the following together in a blender
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of Splenda
- 2 TBSP of Fat Free/Sugar Free Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 TBSP of PB2 (a low fat peanut butter substitute)
- 6-8 ice cubes (depending on how thick you like it)
- Optional - 1/2 of a frozen banana ( I cut my bananas in half and freeze them in Ziploc bags if I have ones that are overly ripe)


2.Rice Krispies with Splenda on top


3. Waffles with Sugar Free Syrup - I buy Aldi's Fit and Active waffles to keep the cost down. They have a lot of fiber in them and taste great.


4. Pumpkin Spice Muffins - I got this great recipe from Jenny at Frugal Vegcafe. I love it. It is simple, inexpensive and tastes great. Thanks Jenny!

1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix
15 ounces pumpkin
1 cup of water
Directions
1Mix all ingredients in mixer.
2Makes 24 muffins.
3Cook for 20-25 minutes at 350°F.


3 comments:

Sam and Heather said...

you should also include the sloppy joe recipe from the eating healthy across america cookbook.

Anonymous said...

Smoothies!! YUMM

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thanks for the ideas Jessica. Pumpkin in cake mixes. I would never have thought of it. It never ceases to amaze me with how some people come up with such great ideas.

One thing I learned to do is add applesauce to recipes in place of the oil. Much healthier, and it tastes good too. Also, in recipes that calls for sugar, often times I'll use brown sugar, as it is suppose to be better. I haven't tried the splenda yet.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin