Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Greatest Snack EVER!!!


Pirate's Bootie! This may just be the best healthy snack I have ever tasted. My four year old agrees with me on this one. It is kind of a mix between cheese curls and popcorn only better. I think it is puffed corn but I'm not sure seeing that I finished off the last bag I had last night. :) I eat the Aged White Cheddar but I think they have a variety of flavors. Each bag has four servings and each serving is approx. 2 cups. It is a great low fat snack to eat when you just feel like munching. I love that I can sit down and eat a whole bowl of these and feel like I am eating a bowl of cheese curls. What I love even more is that my daughter likes them better then cheese curls! I love when my family loves to eat healthy food. Another bonus is that I only paid a little more then $2.00 a bag. You can't beat being able to eat healthy on a budget!
You can check out the nutrition information here.


12 comments:

Jenny's Vegcafe said...

Hi Jessica,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I left you a comment on it.
I like Pirate Booty too!

Jennie said...

I love Pirate Booty! I'll be sure to come back and get some tips and recipes.

Judy said...

Hi Jessica!
What a great way to stay motivate---blogging. LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to follow your journey.

Weight loss is a goal of mine this year. I need to get healthy.

Joy @ Five J's said...

I'm excited that you joined us at 2 Moms, 20 Pounds! At first I was really excited that you posted this. I had the munchies so bad the other day, and although I had popcorn, it didn't quite hit the spot. But then I went to the site you linked to and found out that it's not available near me. *boo hoo* Any other great munchies-satisfying snacks you could share?

Jessica said...

Joy,
Thanks for visiting my site. I'm so sorry they don't offer pirate's Bootie in your area. Hopefully that will change soon. Another snack that I really enjoy are chocoate Vita Tops. They are not really great for the munchies but they are geat for those chocolate cravings. Some people say they are a little dry but I either warm them in the microwave or the toaster and they seem pretty moist to me. It definitely helps with my chocolate cravings and they are only 100 calories, 1.5 grams of fat and 6 grams of fiber. They are a little pricey so I have to control myself and only eat 1 a day :) If I think of any great munchy foods I will definitely post them. I'm sure I will think of some soon.

joyful.miller said...

Jessica, I am such a chocoholic, I'm afraid I'd devour the whole box! Right now I'm satisfying my (daily...hourly...) chocolate cravings with a few tablespoons of chocolate chips...but those are about 250 calories! So maybe your suggestion WOULD be a good idea. IF I can have self control!

Jessica said...

The good thing about Vita Tops is that if you buy them at the grocery store they come frozen. I think I am less likely to eat a box at a time when they are in the freezer instead of on the counter. You really have to try them!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Hmmm, never have heard of Pirates Booty. Am going to have to check it out. Looking forward to following your journey and more great tips!

Kristin said...

Can't wait to see how much weight you've lost so far!!! The snacks sound yummy.........

Jessica said...

Kristin,
Thanks for visiting my blog ;) Check back tomorrow to see my fist weeks weigh in.

Melissa said...

I was so excited to read your blog. I will be checking it often to she what you have to share with all of us.

Jessica said...

Melissa,
Thanks for visiting my site. Check back later today. I will be posting a great recipe for Turkey BBQ that is quick, easy and very inexpensive.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin