Friday, January 16, 2009

Frugal Fat Fighter Friday: My Favorite Foods

Mindy at Mom's Need To Know has started Frugal Fat Fighter Friday: My Favorite Foods and I thought I would join in. Click here to check out her post.

My Favorite Foods:

Pirate's Booty - I know I have said this before but it is just that good. I just found out today that Babies R Us sells it and they even have the Veggie kind. At a little over two dollars a bag it is a really tasty low fat snack.

Smoothies - Click here for my smoothie recipe.

Jello 60 Calorie Puddings - I just got these 2 for $5.00 and I used $1.00 off coupon. I got 12 puddings for $4.00. I really love these. I feel like I am indulging for only 1 Weight Watchers Point.

Veggie's and T. Marzetti's Fat Free Veggie Dip - I found a great deal at my grocery store a few days ago. I got a huge veggie tray with my favorite dip for $6.99. The original price was $13.99 and the veggies are still in perfect condition. I was so excited to find this deal. I always check the fresh produce for clearance items.

Apples - I love to eat apples. They are so refreshing. Click here to see my post on apple.

South Beach Living Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies - These are so good!!! I don't normally buy them because of the price but they were on special this week at the grocery store.

Snickers Pie - You really have to try this. I found this recipe years ago on the Weigh Watchers message boards and I still love it. To me it tastes just like a Snickers bar and is only a few Weight Watchers Points per slice. It is amazing! Here is the recipe.

Snickers Pie

Ingredients:

12 ounces (1.5 cups) fat-free vanilla frozen-yogurt, slightly softened
1 small box sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
1 cup Cool Whip Lite®
3 ounces nugget cereal (Grape Nuts)

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together and pour into 8" dish and freeze. Take out of freezer 10 -15 minutes prior to servng.
Yields 8 servings.

Nutritional Info: (per serving) 131 calories, 4 g. fat, 1 g. fiber


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin