Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Eating At Home vs. Eating Out



Last night my husband wanted to go for Chinese food for dinner. We have a really great buffet in our area. I tried to convince him that we don't have the money but he insisted we go anyway. He knew that I had a rough day babysitting and he didn't want me to have to cook. Very sweet but I knew it was a bad idea. Not only did I over eat but I also feel that we wasted $30.00. Oh well. Hopefully I will remember not to do this next time. Below I will list my 5 reasons for eating at home as opposed to eating out.
I better finish this post because I have about five more hours on the Wii Fit before I burn off all of last nights calories;) Only a day and a half until weigh in!!!



5 Reasons why I think eating at home is the best:


1. Less temptation to over eat.
2. Easier to monitor your portions.
3. Less expensive.
4. You don't have to get the kids bundled up kicking and screaming. :)
5. You feel better in the long run.


3 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

I so agree with you Jessica. Eating out is the worst thing we can do. Yes there are those places that have "healthy options" but it is still not as healthy as fixing our own food at home. Not to mention cost. Great post!

Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said...

I TOTALLY agree with you!

My husband and I constantly battle over this. he loves to go out for dinner and often takes my son out for dinner when I am working.

I RARELY eat out. He ends up gaining weight and wasting money while I choose to almost always eat in. Sure I LOVE to eat out, but it isn't worth it in the long run.

Jessica said...

Janice,
It's funny because I used to be the one that always wanted to go out to eat but now that I am on a strict budget and trying to lose weight I feel completly different. I can eat more at home and spend more money on the things that my girls need. It's a win win situation. It's a little more work for me but I think it is well worth it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin