Thursday, January 8, 2009

And The Number Is ....

Week 1 - Weigh In:

Well, It has been a week since my journey has begun. I have to say it started out rough but got so much easier by the end of the week. I will admit that on the first night I ate about a 1/3 of a pan of brownies. Let's just say my 8 month old was up all night and the stress got the best of me. The good thing is that I tracked everything I ate on the Weight Watchers web site and I think it helped to be constantly reminded how depressing it was to see how those brownies took away from what I could eat the rest of the week. That is until I went out to eat with my husband for Chinese food. Click here to read the whole story. Other then those two instances I did really great and I am very proud of myself.

Now it is time for what you have all been waiting for. Week 1's Weigh In. Here goes. I am proud to say that I stepped on the scale this morning and I weigh 213 pounds. That is a loss of 3.6 pounds this week (216.6 - 213). I am so excited. Sure, I could have lost more with out eating the brownies and Chinese food but life happens. I hope every stumble I have will help all of us in our journey. I will definitely say that the brownies and Chinese food were not worth the extra pounds I could have lost. I am going to try to remember this every time I am tempted to eat something unhealthy.

Check back later today and tomorrow because I will be listing some tips on how I was able to lose weight this week on a budget.


2 comments:

Jennie said...

That is fantastic. You're right, we all stumble. But you pick it up and move on. Keep going!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Hey, three and a half pounds is the healthy way to lose weight. Most say that you should not lose more than that a week! Way to go.

Just don't let your stumbles stop you from reaching your goal. I've done that in the past. Keep going Jessica, you are on your way!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin