Thursday, January 15, 2009

And The Number Is..... Week 2

This week has been a good week. It is getting easier to eat healthy each day. I have not touched a piece of real chocolate in about 10 days. This may not seem like much to some people but for me it is an accomplishment. A few times this week I looked at the Hershey's Nuggets with Almonds on my kitchen table and wanted to eat them. At times it was hard. I tried to convince myself that if I just eat one it will be ok but I know how that goes. Kind of like my brownies last week. I can't stop at just one and the more I eat the more discouraged I feel so I just keep eating. This doesn't mean I didn't eat any chocolate. I don't think I could handle that. I had chocolate pudding, chocolate Vita Muffins, South Beach Living Chocolate cookies and Skinny Cow Chocolate Ice cream cones. So I did enjoy some healthy versions of chocolate. I am really proud of myself for not touching the real stuff.

Something that really surprised me this week is the amount of water I drank. I don't really like to drink much but this week I drank at least 8 8oz glasses of water. Last week I had to think about it. This week I very rarely thought about it. I only drank two cans of soda all week. I usually drink two to three cans a day. I definitely feel fuller when I drink this much water. I have noticed that I don't have as many cravings and I don't feel hungry all of the time. I am definitely going to continue drinking a lot of water.

I did fairly well with my food choices this week. I did eat too much at my sister's house last Thursday but it really tasted wonderful. Also, my best friend stopped by with Chicken and waffles, mashed potatoes and corn. It was the best chicken and waffles I ever tasted. I only ate 3/4 of a waffle (a large homemade waffle :)) and about 1/3 of a cup of potatoes and a little corn. I was surprised at how full I was after I ate this. Don't get me wrong I'm sure I could have eaten another plate full but I decided to stop. I was surprised at my self control with that one. I actually sent the leftovers home with my dad. Now I don't have to worry about being tempted to eat it. Other then that I ate really healthy. My new favorite lunch is a turkey and ham spinach wrap. I ate this three times this week.

I did very well with my Weight Watchers Points. I counted everything I ate. Even when I really didn't want to. I actually had 4.5 Points left at the end of the week. I am loving Weight Watchers online. I know exactly what I can eat and how much of it I can eat. It is a great way to keep track of everything that goes in your mouth. Yeah, you could cheat and not list something fattening that you ate but I figure I would only be cheating myself.

Exercise is something that I am not very fond of but I am really getting into it and enjoying it. It could be because I am doing it on a Wii Fit :). This summer my husband got a promotion and we decided to celebrate by buying a Nintendo Wii and Wii Fit. We played it maybe two times in the past 6 months (not because we didn't like it just because we didn't have time). Last week we decided to pull that baby out and start using it. It was the best thing we could have done except for the fact that my husband has been playing Mario Cart every night of the week :). The good thing about that is that when he is done he says to me do you want me to hook up the Wii Fit for you. So if I haven't had time through out the day or I forgot then it is a good reminder that I need to exercise. I exercised four days this week. I would like to do more but it is a good start. I love the aerobics exercises especially the stepper and the hula hoop. I make myself do between 30 and 45 minutes at a time. I don't count from the time I get on the Wii until I get off. I count the minutes that the Wii calculates (Only your active minutes not the down time when they show scores and stuff). If you need to get some exercise I would definitely recommend the Wii Fit. Yeah, it still feels like exercise but the competitive nature in me takes over and all I can think about is beating my last score.

And the moment you have been waiting for. Today I weighed in at 210 pounds. Yeah!!! I am very happy with this weeks weight loss. Even with the few set backs I had I still was able to lose 3 pounds. I had hoped for five pounds this week but I know it doesn't always happen that way. I will say that their was not one moment of the week that I felt really hungry. If I started to feel hungry I got something to eat. I just made healthy choices and was able to stick to my plan. It wasn't all easy especially when I couldn't eat seconds of the chicken and waffles but it seems to get easier every day. I am learning to use some self control. It's a great feeling knowing that I can really do this. I am so excited for the weeks to come! I am looking forward to going to water parks, camping, the park and maybe even the beach without feeling bad about my weight. I am using all of this as incentive to drop the pounds.

Please let us know how you did this week and we would all appreciate any suggestions, advice or recipes you may have on eating healthier and losing weight on a budget.


7 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Awesome Jessica!!! Congratulations on your success. Keeping up with it all can be tough, especially when we are visiting others or you have family over, etc. You are well on your way to success. You go girl. You can and you will do it!!!

Jessica said...

Tammy,
Thanks for the encouragement!

Matt said...

Way to go! Keep it up! (Sorry about that BIG second bowl of soup) :)

Rachel said...

Hi there!
Congratulations on your weight loss - I know that it is definitely not easy!
I found your blog through the Crock Pot lady's blog, and will definitely have to follow along. I have some weight to lose myself after the holidays, and more than that, I'd like to start eating healthier. That way, when I do splurge, it isn't sooooo bad - I can make up for it!

By the way - I love coupons too! I'm usually just too lazy to clip them,though. But I need to start again!

Jessica said...

Matt,
I will forgive you for giving me such a big bowl of soup. Are you trying to sabotage my weight loss so that Kristin wins? Just kidding! The soup was so great and I enjoyed every bite. It was well worth the 30 some points I had to take for it.

Jessica said...

Rachel,
I am so glad you found my site. I love the Crock Pot lady! I really liked the post about the healthy crock pot recipes. I can't wait to try some.
I am so glad you will be following along. I hope you enjoy the recipes, weight loss tips, budgeting tips and my journey to losing weight and becoming healthier.
Please let me know if you have any weight loss or budgeting advice or recipes. It is always great to here ideas that other people have.
Can't wait to here more from you.

Sam and Heather said...

Jessica, you are making me want to diet now.....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin